Pollock (Memorial) Hall

The Pollock Hall was named after Dr Donald Pollock who owned the building and donatated it to the University in the late 1930s.

The building was formerly used as a church and seated up to 1600 people.  This former church was purchased in 1937 by Dr J D Pollock for the use of Edinburgh University and became known as the Pollock Hall.  Main entrance was from Marshall Street but there was also pedestrian access from Bristo Street (opposite the McEwan Hall before Bristo Street was demolished)

The building was demolished in the 1960s as part of a major redesign of the Bristo Street area of Edinburgh.  The Potterrow student centre now stands on the site of the former Pollock (Memorial) Hall.